Tuesday 10 November 2015

The weather

I've just been out for a fag, and noticed how the weather has changed. It's got very mild. The very strong winds we had last night have completely disappeared.
A car had stopped outside the library, and was pinned in by two police cars. The police were talking to the driver and searching his car. I've got the earplugs in, so I couldn't hear what was being said. What I did hear, though, was the driver giving a bravura demonstration of some of the choicest words in the English language. I don't think that helped his case one bit, as the policemen promptly handcuffed him and bundled him into one of the police cars, before driving the car away. I do find scenes like that very upsetting.
Then back in the library it's all babbling, and the usual screaming toddlers. When I was young, that sort of screaming stuff just wasn't allowed. Why do people allow it now?

No comments:

Post a Comment