Tuesday 24 November 2015

Sleep

I went to bed feeling miserable and stressed. I nodded off to some Russian harpsichord music. It's a lovely recording, and the pieces are interesting. Some of it is very old-fashioned for the time it was composed.
I had a strange night, and remember turning round quite a few times. I remember three bits of dream, but don't know if they belonged to the same dream or to different ones. There was the recurring one about teeth. This time I was holding all the teeth from the right side of my face in my left hand, and remember picking through them with my right hand.
I remember visiting some people I know socially, and that's something I will probably never do in real life. They are very well-to-do, yet in my dream they lived at the top of a hideous tower block in the town. I walked with them up endless flights of stairs as the building started shaking when a gale started blowing. I got frightened and walked back downstairs on my own.
The last bit I remember is that I was occupying the ground floor and basement of a large Victorian terraced house. I was told that I had to leave at short notice, as the lady who owned the place was about to move out. I couldn't manage to get anything packed, and was worried about how I was going to move my things. Some people I knew in my dream had come to help me, but I was unable to tell them how to help me. I kept thinking, too, about all the plants I'd planted in the garden, and was sad that I wouldn't be able to take them with me.
I woke up at around six o'clock with the horrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment