Friday 20 November 2015

Last night

I made poriyal with some red cabbage and had it with some of the previous day's curry. Then I sat down to watch Joanie Crawford in Humoresque. It's not her best film but it was something different to watch. Then the noise started, and there was I stopping the film every couple of minutes. That was that. I'd really had enough so I took myself to the pub. There were only two other people in the place when I got there, and that suited me. A little while afterwards a band turned up. Then a singer turned up, who was nothing to do with the band. The landlord had double-booked, and it was very embarrassing to hear the people try to sort it out. I did feel sorry for them. Anyway they did sort it out but it had got on my nerves, so I went home.
It was all quiet when I got back so I watched Judgement At Nuremberg, a Hollywood epic starring all the big guns of the time. Sometimes it tends to be a bit over-the-top, but it's a very well-made film. I always get upset at the bit where a 'backward' man is systematically ridiculed in front of the court.
Then at a quarter to eleven there were a few bangs and stomps and raised voices from upstairs. That terrible man was up there, the one who had been banned from the premises. I just knew the stupid bitch would have him back there at some point. I tried to continue with the film but gave up, and turned in just after eleven.

No comments:

Post a Comment