Wednesday 25 November 2015

Last night

I enjoyed my dinner and finished it. Then I sat down to watch the BBC adaptation of The Pickwick Papers starring Nigel Stock. Meanwhile the noise upstairs was getting on my nerves. It was a cast of stop-start-stop-start with the DVD. By a quarter to seven I felt completely exasperated and switched the thing off. Then it was on with my hat and coat and I started walking to the pub. I didn't particularly fancy going there, and on the way I changed my mind. I went to the off-licence and bought a couple of tins of rocket fuel instead. When I got home it was completely quiet. I couldn't face struggling with the film again so I sat in silence. The noise didn't start again so I suppose the people upstairs must have gone out. Eight o'clock came round and it was still quiet so I put the film back on. I watched all twelve episodes and went to bed at about half past midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment