Thursday 26 November 2015

Thoughts

I've just been outside for a fag. It's bright and sunny but bitterly cold. I've got my winter coat on today. The fur-edged hood makes me look like Nanook Of The North, so I am told, but I couldn't care less. It keeps me warm.
I started thinking of the people I am closest to, and of my friends. I am very happy with the people who are currently in my life. They accept me for myself, and not for what they expect me to be. That feeling is mutual, and that's how it should be. I have spent a lot of time evaluating and re-evaluating my life. At last I am thinking about what I want out of life, rather than just putting up with things because I'm so lacking in confidence. This has necessarily meant my getting rid of a lot of dead wood. I don't want people around me who are injurious to my health. And I'm no longer going to put myself in horrible situations just to please others. Those days are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment