Wednesday 18 November 2015

Twisted minds

This morning I read about an American pastor who is preaching that homosexuals and atheists should be put to death. I also saw a long list of categories of people who are put to death under Islamic law. Religion makes me sick. Its apologists will claim it is not the teachings that are to blame, but the people. Rubbish. I'm sure these individuals could quote verbatim the specific bits of scripture that advocate such actions. I have heard it said that if one is not to be a hypocrite, then one must accept all the scripture or none of it. One cannot pick and choose. It stands to reason that these particular teachings must be seriously flawed, if they are liable to such 'misinterpretation'. I believe it is probably the case that these particular individuals are doing nothing more than highlight the passages that others would rather overlook.

No comments:

Post a Comment