Tuesday 17 November 2015

Generally

Last night the people upstairs got home at about 8pm. I know that because I heard them; raised voices, elephants trumpeting, stampeding and infantile tantrums. It wasn't all the time. Every now and then I had to stop reading until the rumbling stopped. The little sod was still running rounbd at ten past ten, by which time there was large vehicle movement in the garage over the road. It was all engines running, clunkings, bashings, and the sound of grating metal. It's very trying.
We're having a talking morning in the library, with the usual screaming kids downstairs. I went outside for a fag, still with the earplugs in, and found the noise of passing traffic almost deafening. My world is a very noisy place indeed. Noise is a cunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment