Thursday 19 November 2015

Sleep

I listened to Thyagaraja's Utsava Sampradaya kritis when I turned in. I don't remember waking up during the night before waking up with a start before five o'clock, desperately needing to do the five yard sprint. I was very tired. My bed was in a state so I made it and got back in. Shortly afterwards one of the cars outside my flat started its engine and let it run for nearly ten minutes. It's not a loud engine but the sound is very intrusive and irritating. So that was me wide awake and feeling very angry. Eventually I settled down, and then the same thing happened again, with a different car. So having woken up for a second time and laying awake for a second time, I nodded off at some point and woke up with a start at half past seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment