Thursday 19 November 2015

Thoughts



A few minutes ago I went out into the pouring rain for a fag, and got thinking. We live in very strange times. Take the news for example, which is nothing but misery.
I remembered a heavily-pregnant woman I saw crossing the road this morning with two toddlers in tow. The kids were rushing all over the place and completely ignoring what the woman was telling them to do. Not so very long ago that sort of behavior would not have been tolerated. The fact she's going to have yet another baby, which one suspects she will also be unable to control, is very worrying.
When I came back to the library at lunchtime I was preceded by a gaggle of teenage girls, one of whom had a toddler in a pushchair. The child kept screaming and shouting and losing its temper, and was completely ignored by the girls. I don't know which of the girls was its mother, but whoever she was she didn't seem to know much about toddlers.
Just now the librarian caught some of the regular lowlifes (or is it lowlives?) messing about in the corner of the room with drugs. They asked the culprits to leave, and were greeted with a barrage of abuse and threats.
I know there has been bad behavior in the world since time immemorial. The difference is that nowadays more people seem to accept it as being normal. The World Turned Upside-Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment