Thursday 12 November 2015

Now

Still feeling jittery. Arms and face aching and tingling like mad. Thinking about people, especially those I am close too. And then there are the others, who I remember for different reasons. Thinking about noise. Here it's the whir of the air conditioner, the tapping of computer keyboards, and people talking downstairs. Last night it was the people upstairs, not all the time but intermittently from late afternoon until nearly ten o'clock. And the sound of car engines in the distance. The cars pulling up outside my flat and leaving their engines running while they waited. I'm even beginning to recognise individual cars by the sound they make. One of them pulled up and waited four times last night. Every time it did pull up there was a flurry of activity upstairs. I can't even be bothered to try and work that one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment