Friday 13 November 2015

Next month

I'm not doing Christmas ever again. I don't believe in it. It's commercial and phoney. It's just as fake as the reason it is celebrated. It's the celebration of a lie. It's nice for kids of course, to have presents and nice things to look forward to. But people need to grow out of it at some point. It's all very well being nice to people for a couple of days a year, but people have got it the wrong way round. Shouldn't they be treating people nicely all year round? The homeless are rounded up, fed, watered and given shelter for a couple of days, only to be turfed out immediately afterwards. If this isn't immoral, let alone hypocritical, I don't know what is. For me it's not a matter of 'bah humbug'. I don't want to spoil anybody's fun. It's just that I won't buy into it anymore. It's against my conscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment