Thursday 12 November 2015

Last night

Pasta for dinner, so that was nice and easy. I didn't particularly enjoy it, but ate it anyway. Afterwards I watched The One Million Pound Note starring Gregory Peck, Joyce Grenfell and Wilfred Hyde-White. It's a charming and witty little film. Then I put on Rain starring Joan Crawford. It's a good film but the story got on my nerves. Joan Crawford plays the part of a trollop on some remote Pacific island. Then the missionaries turn up. They're horrible, nosey, sanctimonious, interfering, arrogant, manipulative little shits. What makes me angry is that they are portrayed as the good guys. The film is completely spoiled when Joanie sees the error of her ways and becomes a Christian. I didn't watch the end of the film, for fear of bringing up my dinner. I finished with Spellbound starring Gregory Peck and Ingrid Bergman. Ingrid has the hilarious line (when discussing a patient) 'We'd better put him under drugs for a few days'. I soon lost interest and started reading about the Victorian poor at the same time. Bed at eleven.

No comments:

Post a Comment