Tuesday 10 November 2015

Home viewing

I found it very hard to even acknowledge that the Hammer films were on. I was trying very hard to ignore them, but could feel my mood becoming blacker and blacker.
I started wondering to myself what might be on the telly. My immediate response to myself was that I hate the telly. I've always hated the uninspiring load of shite that makes up most of what is broadcast. Sports (a load of idiots running up and down or round in circles), Cookery (some male or female tart fucking around with food), Gardening (half a dozen luvvies who consider themselves the trendiest thing in flowers), House Makeovers (a few jumped-up painters and decorators, otherwise similar to the gardeners) and Game Shows (designed to cause catalepsy in morons). Game shows. How I loathe them. I remembered some really awful ones from over the years. And they generally feature people who were never really good at anything but are famous for that, and who are down on their luck. The latter are generally called Personalities. That's quite a misnomer.

No comments:

Post a Comment