Monday 16 November 2015

A social animal?

I enjoyed my time at the boozer last night. I saw the people I always look forward to seeing, and we had some nice natters. My autistic friend was there, so we had the sort of talk we always have. There was one bust-up while I was playing. It was horrible and really frightened me. I didn't know how to react, or whether I should, so I carried on playing.
Some local artists were there and we got talking as if we'd always known each other. One man is a very good painter who does portraits of local characters and 'celebrities'. He took my photo and says he wants to do me! I've never been honoured in that way before! Later on two of my family came in, and that was a lovely surprise. We had a good laugh and a chat. Then the landlord turned up just toward closing time and that was another talk. I've always been very wary of him, but he was very complementary about my playing and said some nice things that customers had told him. He said I was part of the furniture, and that he'd like me to play at his other pub again.
I was disappointed that my favourite barman wasn't there. I found out during the course of the evening that he'd been given the push. What a shame. The new bloke was nice though.

No comments:

Post a Comment