Saturday 23 July 2016

Yesterday

I went home from the library feeling rather listless and despondent, in anticipation of another dull evening with a noisy background. I sat down at the computer to play cards, and put on some Bach harpsichord concertos as a distraction. No sooner had I sat down than I was contacted by my best friend, whose brother's birthday it was. As quick as a flash I was down the pub to join them. I was fully expecting to stay for half an hour or so, but I stayed all afternoon, following them to another pub a bit further along the front. Then I joined them for dinner at an Indian restaurant. The food wasn't as I had expected, but it was thoroughly enjoyable nonetheless. I can't find the words of thanks for being treated treated like this when my own means are so meagre. Home at a quarter to nine, a quick fag and then straight to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment