Tuesday 19 July 2016

Since earlier

I got to my friend's at around one o'clock this afternoon. It has been a sweltering hot afternoon. There wasn't even the slightest hint of a breeze, so the sun really did beat down on one. It was far too hot to go to the allotment, so we stayed indoors. We went out very briefly, though, to sample the beverages in the village pub. I cooked the dinner, simple but rather enjoyable. Mind you, my food always tastes nicer here than at home.
This evening we watched a very interesting documentary about the fauna of New Zealand. I was thrown completely off track when I felt something land in my left ear. Then I heard a nastily familiar buzzing noise, then I saw a mosquito the size of a vulture flying away. That was that. I took myself into the garden for a fag. There is a beautiful, blue twilight, and Mars is clearly visible. I'm off to bed shortly, but not before I've had my last fag of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment