Saturday 16 July 2016

A question

Why do I write my blog? I am sure that much of what I write must seem very banal, to those of you who don't know me.  Just like many other autistic adults I live alone. My life goes largely unrecorded, and when I die I will soon be forgotten, except by those very few people I have become close to. That is how I would want it.
In any case I live mostly inside my own head. That is where my 'world' is. My life is an endless stream of thoughts, many of which are triggered by everyday events and occurrences. I suspect that my lifestyle has much in common with that of other independent, autistic adults. I hope that those who live in isolation may find something in my writings that they can relate to. That is one reason why I write it. Another reason is that I want to make a record of my thoughts. In general I live a very ordinary, unremarkable life, but I do have my moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment