Monday 11 July 2016

Since last time

Down with friends for a break in Cornwall. It was lovely. Parts of it were surreal though, for example getting a phone call from the parish and having to talk about my psychological state, with the seagulls kicking off around me and the waves crashing on the rocks beneath my feet. I did feel embarrassed at the end of it. Nobody made me feel embarrassed, but that is how I felt. There was a conundrum when I came to pack up to go home. I had been bought a bottle of wine and hadn't drunk it. I couldn't make my mind up whether to bring it home with me (as I had been bought it), or whether to leave it behind for the others to enjoy. I opted for the latter, but still don't know if I made the right choice without offending anyone. We had some gorgeous weather while I was away, but a very foggy and wet Saturday. The weather had evidently been much better at home, but so what? I donn't really care what the weather is like when I am away.

No comments:

Post a Comment