Friday 29 July 2016

Yesterday afternoon

After I'd finished at the allotment, I took two buses to get to the out-of-town shopping precinct. In the supermarket I found my favourite tea, Darjeeling, and a few goodies to go with it. When I got home, I had a nice cuppa with buttered crumpets and jam tarts. I had forgotten what an enjoyable experience and English tea can be. Afterwards I got to work on the kitchen and lavatory floors, and gave them a clean and a polish. I want to give the loo a second coat of polish, but I'll do that this afternoon. I had liver and bacon for dinner. I hadn't had liver for at least twenty years and it seemed a bit strange. I ate it though, aling with my entire bean crop (one dwarf bean and seven pods of broad beans) and some lovely new potatoes, and four runner beans, the latter two items were grown by my friends. After two episodes of the World At War I went to bed at about nine, to the sound of the kids upstairs occasionally stamping around.

No comments:

Post a Comment