Friday 29 July 2016

Now

There is no visible evidence of all the ant bites i got yesterday. My hands and arms are still a bit sore though, but I'm sure that'll soon pass. Later on this morning I'm off to the historic building, to do some more work on the Chopin. It really does sound very scruffy. There are still bits of it I can't manage, but a couple of weeks ago I couldn't play any of it.
I've just been outside for a fag, and while I was there I started thinking about music-making. There are some people who have been taught for a very long time, and play to a very high standard. There are others who, although they have been taught for a very long time, do not play well. Some people are self-taught, and always play very badly, thinking that what they play is much better than it really is. And then there are others who are self taught, but play to a very high standard. I still don't play as well as I would like, but I set very high standards for myself. And I am capable of playing very well indeed, which for me is quite an achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment