Wednesday 6 July 2016

Thinking

I am not very good at reacting to sad news. I never know what to say, so usually end up saying nothing at the time the news is broken. This leads people to think I am insensitive and cold. That really isn't the case. I cannot easily find the right words to express how I am feeling. When I think about it, it takes some time for the news to register. And then I can't rightly describe how I feel. I don't know how to describe it.
I cannot find words of comfort. 'Sorry' seems such a shallow word, when it can be used to excuse a person from such things as spilling a glass of water, assaulting someone or worse. There is a type of sadness for which there are no words to describe, and for which there are no words of comfort. The right words just don't exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment