Tuesday 12 July 2016

Since earlier

I went home and did another lot in the flat. That's all the hard graft done. The rest will be a doddle. Then it was up to the doctors. When I got there, there was no sign of my lady. I could feel my stress levels rise as my appointment time got nearer and nearer. Then it was panic stations; I was called into the consulting room without my support worker (she had contacted me only a minute or two earlier, to say she was slightly late). I was in a state of utter confusion. I tried to explain to my doctor what had happened, and he very kindly saw his next patient before me, to give my lady time to arrive. I am so glad she was there. She spoke very directly, in a way I would never have possibly managed to do. The doctor has given me a sick note, which will make life a bit simpler for me. He has also acknowledged my autism, which is shown on the certificate as being combined with the anxiety and depression. I feel greatly relieved, particularly since the very same doctor told me last year that the autism wasn't important. Well in a sense I know of course it isn't, but when combined with the other stuff it is important. Anxiety and depression apparently manifest differently in autistic people. At last I am being heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment