Saturday 30 July 2016

Getting things off my chest

While I was at the balcony this morning I got thinking about life. In my mind I am the same person I always was, only with a lot more hindsight. I now truly realise that I am old. When I look back, I do wonder what happened between my childhood and now. What happened to the years between?
I also thought about something I read yesterday. It was written by an autistic person whose writings I follow. Usually he talks about his life as an autist, but yesterday he spoke of the physical deformities that I never realised he had. That has given me the courage to expunge a ghost or two of my own.
I am very sensitive about my top half. You see I have a curvature of the spine. I also have a very small rib cage, which has rotated clockwise by about twenty degrees as a result of the curvature. The left 'corner' of my ribs is in front of me to the left, and some of the 'side' is to the front. I have fractured my ribs at least three times that I remember. I also think I probably fractured them again when I had a fit last year; I fell against a metal clothes-horse and crashed down with it to the floor. My ribs are consequently very bumpy. And to cap it all I'm pigeon-chested. I try to hide all this as much as possible by wearing dark tops, and looser than I really need. Oh well, that's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment