Tuesday 7 April 2015

A beast of burden

Let me tell you about my weekend. After I'd finished harpsichording I carried my keyboard from where I'd been playing to where I live. There are stairs in both buildings, and there are gates and fire doors to negotiate where I live. Then I went back for the stand and easel. That evening I took the stand, easel and a heavy bag of music to the pub, then I went back home to collect the keyboard. After I'd finished there, I had another two trips home, and the following morning I had a further two trips to the historic building.
I'm not complaining, because it's something very important to me, but I must confess I'm really starting to feel my age. I ain't gettin' no younger, you know. I really should have taken up the penny whistle instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment