Friday 24 April 2015

After careful consideration...

I feel more and more satisfied with the way the music is going. It's a different mindset altogether. It has been acknowledged that the pub is getting busier on Sundays, because I am playing there. I am drawing in people that I'd never seen before, as well as people that I do know. For me it's a really big deal that they come in. That's the result of my hard work and my ability, nothing else. I am able to provide something that people want to hear. Also I don't feel completely boxed in there. People are nice enough, but at arm's length. I don't have to talk if I don't want to. I can go and sit in a corner if I want. But I like talking to the people. I join in if and when I feel comfortable to do so. No small talk!! And I'm happy that most conversations start with people telling me how much they've enjoyed themselves.
The same thing applies at the historic building where I play. It was I who suggested that I play music from the same period as the house. It was I who suggested it should be played every time the building opens. The result is that visitors comment that the music enhances their experience of the visit. Also the people who run the building say that it has become part of the building.
I've done all this entirely on my own, when I think about it. What I really need, though, is a few regular bookings which generate income.

No comments:

Post a Comment