Monday 13 April 2015

Music (again)

On paper the local museum and historic building is staffed by numerous volunteers. In reality it is the same few people who do all the work. Most of the volunteers are only seen once a year, for the volunteers' annual Christmas party.
There's going to be a volunteers' party later this month, and I've been asked to provide the music. Candidly I think the party's organiser is checking to see how many of the 'volunteers' turn up. I shouldn't be at all surprised if there is the usual stampede to get to all the nice food.
In the meanwhile I don't know yet whether I'm back at the pub this Sunday. I don't particularly mind one way or the other, except that if I'm not playing it will hit me in the pocket. What's come out of it, though, is I can now play that stuff in a pub without feeling intimidated by it all. I sent the pub landlord a text this morning, but have had no reply yet. I expect he's a busy man, but I do hope he answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment