Tuesday 21 April 2015

Pause for thought

I'm very satisfied with the way things are going at the pub where I now play. I wasn't happy to begin with. It all felt very strange. However it has all come together bit by bit, and is now a resounding success. I've got to the point where I'm really happy that I've moved on.
What I've grown to accept is that I have a huge talent for music. Of course I've known about it for a long time, but I couldn't own it. It was as if it wasn't that important, and in a way it felt like it didn't belong to me. Well it is mine and I've worked bloody hard at it, against a background of more-or-less permanent depression. What is more my left wrist was badly damaged when I was mugged, and required an operation to pin most of it back together. That hand still doesn't play as well as the other, but I've worked hard to get it to do as much as it does.
My biggest handicap is my own mindset. I know what I can do, but have real problems when it comes to putting it into practice. I must try and get my head round trying to get more gigs, and more pupils.

No comments:

Post a Comment