Monday 7 March 2016

An idiot

Autism sometimes does fuck up my life. For example if I have something different happening in my life, I can get so preoccupied with making sure I get it right, that I overlook important things along the way.
Autism affects the co-ordination too. I cannot judge distances or speeds, and am terrified of being in control of any sort of transport, or any means of propulsion. I won't ride a bike or roller-skate, and I don't drive.
Autism brings some level of clumsiness. When I was seeing my friend off on Saturday and saying goodbye, I managed to bash the bone just behind my ear with the car door. It didn't hurt but has swollen since. Another characteristic of my autism is reduced sensitivity to pain. What a strange life I have. Can you imagine what your life would be like if you were in my shoes?

No comments:

Post a Comment