Friday 18 March 2016

Social media

Recently I've 'become friends' with two people that I really dislike. I did that partly out of politeness since it was they who instigated the 'friendship'. I did it mainly to show them that I am anti Establishment where it is justified, and that I support causes that they would loath. Let them see. It might teach them something.
Incidentally three of the people I am closest to are Tories. One, a very dear friend, comes from a die-hard Tory business background, and is one of the kindest, loveliest people I know. Two others are my adopted family, and are both party activists. I don't believe for one moment that they have any concept of what their government is doing. I think they would be very saddened by it all, even mortified, if only they could see outside the dogma.
I believe everything I post on social media, if it is intended to be serious. I worry endlessly, though, that the activists take personally the things I have published, when that is not my intention. Far from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment