Friday 18 March 2016

Yesterday

We got a lot done in the historic building's garden. I pointed out that although it will look beautiful when everything starts to flower, the plants are not what is required. I've suggested that we get plants from the period when the house was built, and that I know where we can get them by mail order. That was agreed, so in the near future we'll start replanting bit by bit.
When I got home I made yet another curry. I'm really getting sick and tired of curry, but I couldn't be bothered to make anything else. It turned out alright though. Meanwhile my best friend contacted me to invite me round this evening. I will cook as usual, and guess what I'm cooking by popular request?


Yep. Another fucking curry. The request isn't at all popular with me. I'd much rather have a spam fritter or something. I know I shall enjoy making it, and always like own cooking better when I'm there than when I'm at home.
After dinner I watched Anna Neagle in The Lady With The Lamp, a biopic of Florence Nightingale (pronounced Flurrence Neiytingeiyle). The film dates from 1951 and is absurdly patriotic and rather gung-ho, but nice and easy to watch.
I turned in at half past nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment