Monday 8 August 2016

Yesterday

The historic building opened after all. The organisation in that place is absolutely shocking. Nobody bothered to tell us. We only found out we were open when two staff turned up. The mouthy git who gets on my nerves has already managed to annoy our two new volunteers, and yesterday was the first time he met them. He was also heard making inappropriate comments to some visitors, who after paying for their tickets, turned round and walked out. Great.
I played for the first hour and a half while the others got ready for the carnival. We duly set off and made our way to our allotted slot. The local paper came and took our photo (will we be in this week's rag, I wonder?), and so did the local tourism board and the carnival organisers.
The procession was gruelling in the heat and the strong, gusty breeze. I played the recorder for a bit, but it wasn't long before I lost interest and carried the banner instead. We had lots of kids calling out excitedly to us, which was lovely. The school visits always go well. Along the way I saw by best friend's brother & his family, and a couple of other people I'm always happy to see, and that cheered me up. I'm relieved that no cunts caught my attention. I'm hoping that they were in the crowd though, as I'd really like them to see how well I'm doing without the benefit of their acquaintance.
When I got home it was bangers and mash for dinner, and a couple of tins of rocket fuel. They went down a treat at the balcony.

No comments:

Post a Comment