Friday 12 August 2016

Typical

I got bored at home and couldn't settle down. After rescuing a portion of chicken from the freezer, and after a cup of Darjeeling and a nice doughnut, I decided to go back to the library. The weather is very warm but with a cool sea breeze, so I enjoyed the walk. So far, so good.
When I got to the library, I booked the computer I always try to get, the one that's away from the main suite and where you don't have to listen to all the cackle. When I got here I found a woman's bag on the seat and various papers around the keyboard. I moved the bag to the next seat and put the papers tidily with the ones on the next desk. Then a woman came hobbling over. I politely told her what I'd done, and she replied "I had my leg up on that seat". I answered that I'm working here because I can't handle all the noise next door. She replied "I can't handle having my leg down". I replied "Oh, can't you?", turned round and rolled a fag. I could hear her muttering loudly under her breath. Good. Aren't people lovely. I just love rudeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment