Friday 12 August 2016

More musical stuff

Next Thursday I'm going to play silent film music for an artist's exhibition. It's such a while since I heard from him I thought it had died a death. Besides he is one of the most chaotic people I have ever met. His plans seemed to change several times a day. That's why I wasn't holding my breath.
Later on I'm going to play for a wedding reception. They want a mixture of classical and old-time songs. They have requested the Fantasie-Impromptu, and that's why I've been working on it. It's quite painful for
the left hand since I had the operation. I haven't got the stretch I once had, and the fingers are in a different place from where they used to be. But I've nearly cracked it. The other classical pieces I've got lined up are much less demanding, but generally popular. I've run the programme by the prospective groom, and he says he's happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment