Thursday 25 August 2016

Yesterday

The heat was very uncomfortable all evening, and it wasn't until nearly midnight that it began to cool down slightly. I didn't fancy eating. I felt I should have something, so I had a tiny bit of cheese with a roll.
The weather made people behave very oddly. Early on there was a very protracted, noisy domestic 'incident'. That was really horrible. I wish they'd done it at home instead.
The man downstairs went to work as usual. The ladies stayed behind, and shortly afterwards were joined by their 'male' next-door neighbour. Well that's up to them, but the evening was horrible. They got drunker and drunker and louder and louder. At about half past nine they were joined by someone else who remained outside drinking, and shouting a conversation into the flat. The men were conversing in one hideous language (I won't say which) and the women in another hideous language (I won't say which). At ten past eleven it suddenly went quiet, but from then on the silence was interrupted by the man bashing on their locked windows and calling the women, who ignored him. Then he went away, came back and did the same, went away, came back and so on. It was still going on after midnight when I went to bed.
The two men were dressed according to their religion. That's the funny thing about religious folk. They are seldom as pious as they would have us believe, and are quite happy to indulge in behaviours that they denounce in others. That is called hypocrisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment