Thursday 2 June 2016

The rest of yesterday

I had a pretty bleak time of it at the historic building, however there were two highlights. Early on someone I know socially brought his progeny in to look round. Later on I was visited by the man who wants to start the band/orchestra/group thing. That's still going ahead. He told me that he'd been in to the pub last Sunday evening, and had asked why I wasn't there. Her told me he'd also contacted the landlord to ask the same thing. Oh well. After I'd finished playing, I went outside and did a bit more gardening.
Dinner was a routine pasta thing. It was ok I suppose. I'm making a frittata out of the leftovers for tonight's meal. Afterwards I started reading a second-hand book that I've had for about twenty years, but never read; The New Grove French Baroque Masters. It was interesting enough, but now it's a little bit out of date. I read the chapter on Rameau and picked through the chapters on Lully, Delalande, Couperin and Charpentier. Bed at nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment