Monday 6 June 2016

The rest of Saturday

I had a good time at the historic building. After I finished playing, I went to the supermarket and then straight home. I had just decided what I was going to have for dinner, when I noticed that my best friend had contacted me, asking me round to dinner. I did recoil slightly, but of course I went. Unfortunately for me it was one of my curries for dinner, but they seemed to enjoy it.
Before dinner we all went down to the allotment. I was very pleased to see that the beans and the onions were doing well. I had a lovely show of marigolds too, and the nasturtiums were starting to come up. The gooseberry and the raspberries were doing fine too. I'm trying to keep one of the brussels sprouts going. It looked like it was still struggling to keep going. I was slightly disappointed that the peas were all gone, but I wasn't really all that bothered after seeing how much was still going. I was given an enormous batch of rhubarb too, and that's one of my favourite things. I don't know why it has got so expensive in the shops nowadays.
After dinner it was a nice drop of cider, something fairly undemanding on the telly, and the best company. Bed at a quarter past nine.

No comments:

Post a Comment