Wednesday 9 March 2016

Thinking

I've just been out for a fag, and that wind ain't half cold! While I was there I remembered something my best recently told me. He said that I ate frugally and have always eaten frugally. To be honest I was a bit surprised, as that wasn't how I saw it. But when I think about it, the main criterion of my meals is that they should be sustaining. Then I remembered the several times in my life when I experienced extreme want, and when I was nearly always hungry. Compared to those times I eat very lavishly indeed. I don't cook anything too complicated when I eat alone, which is most of the time, but I am a good cook, and make much more elaborate things when I eat in company. But then the latter is a much more enjoyable experience. I have a great dread of hunger, so I usually have a huge stockpile of the 'basics' in my kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment