Wednesday 19 August 2015

More about yesterday

Let me tell you about yesterday's meeting. We went to see a property developer who wants to build three-storey houses facing our flats, and about thirty feet away from them. Apart from plunging the street into darkness and the issues around traffic, social problems and the impact on an old people's residence just round the corner, the new occupants would be so close that I could talk to them from my balcony without raising my voice. I don't like the idea one bit. Two-storey houses would be much more appropriate.
I didn't realize beforehand that I already knew of this developer. His shady reputation had preceded him by a couple of years. I also know that he is in collusion with a rather unsavoury member of the local council.
I don't for one minute believe that we can make any difference whatsoever. Money wins every time. But let's give him a run for his money.

No comments:

Post a Comment