Friday 28 August 2015

After the library

I took myself to a charity. There was nothing doing, so I went to the butchers for a hot sausage roll and an apple and custard turnover. Oh the joys of English cuisine! I thoroughly enjoyed them both.
Afterwards I went to another charity shop. A bit of retail therapy was what I needed. I was recklessly extravagant and bought a burgundy-coloured corduroy jacket and a thinner pink one for the summer. I really shouldn't have spent so much and reeled a bit when I left the shop, but I'm pleased with both garments.
Tomorrow I'm going to wear the pink jacket with a pink shirt, dark red jeans and a similar-coloured tie for the gay pride thing. I know it's appallingly cliché, and I know I'll feel odd wearing all that pink. In for a penny, in for a pound (or is it 'you might as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb?').

No comments:

Post a Comment