Thursday 20 August 2015

A moment ago

When I went out for a fag, I realized that my earlier optimism regarding the weather was wrong. Now it looks like it's going downhill.
While I was outside I started thinking about belief. Until very recently I had never been quite sure whether I am an agnostic or whether I am an atheist. I now realise that I am definitely the latter. We learn daily of the acts of intolerance, and even great cruelty, that are perpetrated on those who do not comply with what is required by the theocracy. It's all about 'them and us', where it is 'them' who are punished. It's all about superiority and inferiority.What I really want is a world where difference is allowed. I could never accept something that teaches otherwise. As Oscar Wilde said:
Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards those we personally dislike.

No comments:

Post a Comment