Tuesday 25 August 2015

Why?

I took my time with the fags and coffee this morning. I couldn't make my mind up whether I wanted anything to eat so I went without.
My thoughts were all over the place. Then I started wondering why I publish things about autism and mental health on social media, as I am usually the last person to want to draw attention to myself. The train of thought was as follows; people look at me and know what they see. The truth is I don't necessarily know what they see, but at the same time they probably don't know what I see when I look out. I publish only the things that are relevant to my own experience, for example difficulties with employment, using telephones, sensory overload, waiting times for diagnosis, associated health issues, understanding others and so on. It's not that I expect everybody to read everything, although I hope that people might read some of it, but the writings give a professional account of the things I experience, in a way that I could not express for myself. The writings give voice to how my life has been.

No comments:

Post a Comment