Monday 15 February 2016

Yesterday

I had a fantastic day. Lots of visitors came to the historic building, and I had some very interesting conversations about such things as Sixteenth Century performance practice, and the evolution of wind orchestration in the Classical Period. On top of that I sold some CDs.
After I finished playing I went straight round the supermarket and got all the things I need to make a proper bolognese sauce. Dinner was consequently a pleasure rather than a bore. After dinner I wore the green suit and tie, but this time with a white shirt rather than a green one.
My friends duly arrived at the pub nice and early. It was one of those nights when my playing went down a treat. A couple of holidaymakers from London came in for a quick pint and stayed for three hours. I did finish playing at nine, as I was feeling very tired, but the man offered me money to continue playing. Of course I refused but accepted a pint, and played until ten. I enjoyed myself nattering with one of the ex-bar staff (my friends had left by then), until the people who had arrived late last Sunday arrived again at about the same time. So there was I back at the keyboard until nearly one in the morning. One of the people who came back owns a shop/gallery thing, and he has asked me to play there next month.
When I got home I ate the bit of food I had put aside, and then I went straight to bed. What a good night! Oh I forgot to mention that the couple from London, my friends and I are all meeting up for a pint this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment