Wednesday 17 February 2016

Sleep

When I got home I put on a film but then realised I was too tired to watch it. After a couple of fags I turned in at half past eleven, listening to gamba music by Marais and Sainte-Colombe. The next thing I remember is being awake for a long with my eyes closed, trying to get back to sleep. I couldn't so I got up. It was twenty to six.
I was deep in thought over the fags and coffee and had a brainwave. Why not use your knowledge of social history? I asked myself, in connection with the historic building's social media page. This morning I wrote two pieces on the town and its people in the early modern period. They are very general pieces rather than scholarly ones. I don't want to baffle the reader with anything too complicated. Besides I won't have to worry about such things as copyright and intellectual property. Let's see how they go down.

No comments:

Post a Comment