Thursday 11 February 2016

Other things

I've just made my first stab at writing a musicology CV. I don't know how much detail I should give, but it reads like an academic essay. It brought back some nice memories. I was so happy at Uni, and very distressed when it was all over, even more so after my Mum died during my last week there.
This afternoon I'm going to see the people I saw last Thursday. They are going to write to my doctor, to get him to sort out the therapy that I've asked him for twice, and both times been fobbed off. They need me to sign something that authorises them to write the letter. I  feel reassured to know that I am no longer facing this uphill battle all by myself. The same people are meeting me in the morning too, to take me to a local group. That group is for people who face issues of social isolation or exclusion, and they have a communal garden. The people already know that there will be times when I won't want to talk and will need to be left alone. At least I won't need to explain it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment