Thursday 11 February 2016

Just now

I went outside for a couple of fags and noticed what a lovely day it is, much milder and brighter than yesterday and no cold wind. I also noticed one of the council snoopers, who entrap people into dropping litter in order to get a commission and to raise revenue for a cash-strapped council. He had his beady eye on me, so I took great pleasure in holding out my first dog-end as I smoked my second fag. Then I held out both dog-ends, which I proceeded to put in the litter bin in the library concourse as usual. Over the past couple of days I've had people warning me about the snoopers. Two of them had been fined for disposing of their fag-ends down the drain. It says something about the council's publicity when people don't know that what they are doing is wrong. I think it's all deliberate. The council deliberately doesn't tell people about it so that it can coerce money out of the unsuspecting public. These are desperate measures.

No comments:

Post a Comment