Wednesday 30 April 2014

Odd?

When I write my blogs I often face a dilemma. Should I say it, or shouldn't I? I want my blog to be truthful so that it might be of some use to anyone who faces the same issues. For this reason I tend to err on the side of saying things. I find myself being totally candid about myself in a way that has hitherto never been possible. I never say anything that I don't mean (even after a cider), and always remember what I've said. Of course this doesn't necessarily apply to when I'm joking. Of course, because I believe something to be true doesn't mean that it necessarily is true for everyone. Nevertheless it is true for me. 
Some of my friends who read me may find some of my views or comments odd. For me they are not odd. They express who I am. Frankness is a big problem for people with Aspergers. I avoided the company of other people because your honesty can leave you open to ridicule. It has taken me a great deal of courage to express what I have, and I am becoming stronger as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment