Friday 12 February 2016

Sleep

It took me a while to settle down, in fact I heard the clock on the seafront strike ten. The next thing I remember is being wide awake, planning some toast, and getting my brain into gear for my gig. I checked the clock and it was three minutes past one. I was awake for I don't know how long, and slept through to half past six.
My sleep was very dream-ridden and therefore tiring. I remember one dream in which I was at the doctor's. I'd gone to him about the nosebleeds that I have from time to time, and my nose was bloody. The doctor was someone I don't know in real life, and seemed more like a witch-doctor than a doctor. There was a nurse with him, who kept asking me various questions. After each question the nurse would walk over to the doctors and the pair of them would mumble. I remember hearing the doctor asking the nurse what my answers meant, and what he should say to me. In the end he asked me about my bowels. The two of the mumbled again, after which he told me I had terminal cancer. I wasn't in the least bit bothered and replied "Oh, alright then". I woke up in quite a strange and uncomfortable mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment