Tuesday 16 February 2016

Last night

The people upstairs had started getting to me by the time I finished my dinner, so I took myself to the pub quite early and enjoyed a pint. When I got there several people called me over for a chat. That's brilliant. It means I now have my own circle of acquaintances. We had all agreed to meet up at seven, but at ten to seven one of the couple who are down on holiday came to tell me that they would be a bit late. That rattled me a bit but I was pleased that they had let me know. Then at a quarter past seven my friends still hadn't arrived, so I went round and knocked on their door. They had forgotten that their family was coming round to dinner. Never mind. They are shockers. I suppose that one advantage of autism is that one has to plan one's life very carefully and in advance, so that this sort of thing doesn't happen. Anyway the other people arrived at about half past and we had a lovely night. I felt completely comfortable with them, and we are staying in touch. I got home feeling decidedly drunk, ate a whole (frozen) cheesecake, had a glass of wine and went to bed at half past eleven.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment