Tuesday 16 February 2016

In the meanwhile

I went to the High Street and had another one of those pizza-type things, which I again found very enjoyable and satisfying. Then it was on to my friends'. Had a coffee, a couple of fags and a nice natter. I was shown a lovely portrait of a person they understood to be Pepys, but I'm afraid I had to shatter their illusion. The gentleman in the portrait was in mid-Eighteenth Century costume. It was a lovely portrait all the same. Then we looked at some old maps of the St Katherine's Docks area of London. That was interesting for me. I had ancestors living there who had to move out when the houses were demolished, in order to make way for the docks. Then several of his family turned up, so I decided it was time to leave.
The horizon was bright and hazy when I woke up this morning, and very shortly afterwards a freezing cold fog blew in off the sea. It didn't linger very long though. Most of today it has been bright, sunny and quite warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment