Monday 15 February 2016

A horror story

I went and moved my keyboard and noticed how cold and windy it had got. It really was blowing up nasty. Just as I set out afterwards for the foreign supermarket a hailstorm started. The hail was very small and fine, not like those golf-ball sized things that are so dangerous, but I did get quite wet. There were a few things I needed but couldn't find, so I set out again for the pound shop. Then I went to the supermarket next door. It was grim. People plodding around aimlessly and pushing trolleys by leaning on them with their forearms. I just find that so slovenly and lazy. I picked up a bargain or two and then went to the self-service checkout. Two morons who were in front of me completely ignored (or were oblivious to) the two positions that had become free, and had to be prompted by the cashier to move. One woman stood with her back to the scanning machine looking for her children, who were running about all over the place. Other shoppers looked with a vacant expression of bewilderment at the machines that they were supposed to be operating. By this point I was at the front of the queue and it took ages, ages, for people to stop dithering and faffing around, and to remove themselves from the area. Eventually I managed to get to a position and completed my purchase in a matter of seconds. As I was trying to get out a woman with a trolley drifted in front of me like a bank of fog and promptly ground to a halt. I scowled and glared at her, and at some screaming brats, and their mother and another idiot who walked towards me, then turned his head sideways and continued to walk towards me. I know I have mental health issues, but nobody, nobody can turn round to me and say that those people are alright in the nut. They are a complete bunch of imbecilic wankers. People like that make shopping so upsetting and exhausting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment